Timothy Sykes’ Stocks to Trade software is an all-in-one trading platform which provides an array of charting tools, various technical indicators and also displays the list of gainers and losers for the day and any headline news that would impact any specific stock. This platform is created by day traders for day traders and hence addresses most of the challenges faced by day traders. It gives the traders an option to customise the stock screen or use pre-designed options that are built in. The automated trading software and scanning tools are supposed to do all the stock research for the traders and come up with stocks that are likely to give returns that would beat the market expectation. The software captures real time data and uses both fundamental and technical parameters to scan stocks – preferably low priced stocks. Though the platform caters to both investors and traders, it is predominantly designed for short term and swing traders.
About Timothy Sykes
Timothy Sykes is a successful day trader and a trading guru who has taught thousands of traders the art of being successful by trading penny stocks and has made millions of dollars in the process. His trading platform, StockstoTrade is built mainly for day traders and swing traders to identify low priced penny stocks and sends out alerts accordingly. He is featured on CNN, CNBC, FOX, CBS, etc. and is the creator of Investimonials & StockstoTrade. Sykes started off as a day trader in college and then went on to become a Hedge fund manager which didn’t go well as planned. He later went on to become a full time trader, investment/trading coach and with a team of technical experts created a platform that enables traders to analyse, research and pick stocks to trade.
He has various websites and each one is used as online marketing tools for his various services offered. Sykes along with his community of traders runs a social network called Profit.ly, which has about 50,000 members and provides stock trade information online. His Investimonials.com website collects user reviews of financial services, videos, and books, as well as financial brokers. His personal website is used to sell products like DVDs, books, newsletters etc. Stockstotrade.com is a real time market and stock scanner and the access is available on subscription.
Cost and Services Offered
The StockstoTrade platform offers to the subscribers’ data research, stock charting and trade execution along with various other services put in. The screens are customisable and also come with a few pre-designed options for new traders. They claim that few of the scans are designed and used by Tim Sykes himself. There are host of features that this platform offers and they come with a cost that is higher than what is offered by other vendors in the market. The monthly plan is about $180 and gives you access to most of the features of the platform. This includes unlimited watch lists, list of top gainers and losers in a trading day, alerts, stock information, paper trading and the rest. They also have an annual plan which costs around $ 1800 which gives a host of benefits apart from the usual list. This includes getting latest news on stocks that are in your watch list, to be able to automate the research for future use, links to twitter feeds that shows the stocks active on social media, industry specific details etc.
Features of the platform that would help subscribers are
There are a few key features that give this platform an edge over others in market.
- First is the proprietary algorithm called Oracle that is used on the platform. It’s a dynamic tool that uses real-time data and analyses to capture watch lists, generate trade plans with entry and exit prices.
- Most of the news that flows in is captured in this trading system but the advantage is that they can be filtered based on your criteria. This helps traders to focus only on that news which pertains to the stocks that they are watching.
- This platform encourages people to do paper trade which means that they make note of prospective trades and get to see what they would have made or lost in that particular trade. This helps traders to learn the art of trading initially without investing any money and burning their fingers in the process.
- Brokerage integration is expected in Spring of 2017 which would enable real orders to be executed through this platform
- Pro program launched by this website is handled by one of the students and expert trader of Tim Sykes and offers to help traders become pro like him.
Apart from the above mentioned there are the usual caveats of any trading platform, like the chat rooms, the charting tools for fundamental and technical analysis, the alerts being sent out on prospective trades, webinars by experts and by Tim Sykes himself and also access to other stock trades by other traders. Knowledge sharing and tutorials are available for trades to learn and the blog written by Tim Sykes is pretty motivational and informative too.
Room for improvement for STT
- It is expensive compared to other vendors available in the market. For new traders the subscription cost does look steep.
- Since the trading platform is loaded with features at times it does not manage to handle the flow of all the data. Subscribers need to keep refreshing the platform to allow data flow. During trading hours this could be time consuming and a little frustrating.
- As this sites concentrates predominantly on penny stocks the margin between and exit is low and with any surge in volumes the risk or the profit increases exponentially for the trader. A new trader needs to be aware of this characteristic of penny stocks before entering else you would be only making money for the company and not for yourself.
- New traders and traders with small accounts might not be able to take the volatility that gets created every time an alert is sent on a stock.
STT ticks most of the boxes that a trader is looking for in a platform to help him with trading. The package is expensive and with all the features it would be more beneficial for a seasoned trader than a beginner. An experienced trader would be able to create watch lists and program charts and save research on the platform that best suits his style. A new comer would get overwhelmed with all the jazz and might lose out on the most important thing – learning to trade. The learning DVDs and tutorials are available on Tim Sykes personal website for a cost and one need to pay additionally to learn his techniques. The ones available under the subscription are basic and would not help a beginner much. The pro option offered on STT looks aspirational and one needs to aim to be a pro progressively and not on the word go.